5 tire rotation

From: Chip Maurer (chip@unx.dec.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 1997 - 10:06:56 EDT

So I just brought my truck in for 1st real service (6000 mi).
I changed the oil/filter at 3000 miles.

I have a 97 slt+ with tire & handling package, so the spare
is like the other tires. I asked the guy to rotate all 5 tires.
He said that what happens is that the wear pattern (I actually
have 8000 mi.) would cause the truck to drift by putting the
unused spare into use. Doesn't the manual have a 4 and 5 tire
rotation pattern? Should I have insisted? I haven't noticed
any wear on the tires, and the truck rides straight...

--
| Chip Maurer           chip@unx.dec.com    |