FABM installation on 96 SLT CC 4X4 V8

From: Brian Blatter (brian@pure-energy.net)
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 14:31:58 EDT

I've been checking out the various mods available for my 96 SLT CC 4X4
V8 and I think the first one I will attempt is the air intake. Because
of money, I think I will go with the FABM. In looking at the
instructions, Sean states that this is for a 97. Anyone used this on a
96 or older? Any gottchas? Or just follow the instructions? What
about using a 14" air cleaner instead of the 10"? Any info will be
greatly appreciated.

The next thing on my list is new plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I've
heard several say to go with brass. I'm not sure what to do for the
wires. Any good suggestions on what to get and where to get them? How
about spark plugs. I remember an earlier thread about plugs, and a lot
of people suggested the Autolite Double Platnums. I don't really want
to start another big long thread about personal preferences on plugs,
but which plugs have good performance and a good value?

Thanks for all of your help. I've really learned a lot by being part of
this list. Next is dual exhaust (after I save some money and convince
the wife it IS NECESSARY!)

Brian

--
brian@pure-energy.net
PURE ENERGY.net - Your source for Internet Presence!

Pure Energy Mobile DJ - Good Music for Great Parties and Dances dj@pure-energy.net http://www.pure-energy.net/dj