Re: Valve Covers & Spedo Gear Attn: Rob Robinson

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 21:39:14 EDT

>You're right, the Mopar Magnum Valve Covers are not cheap.
>Got them for $114 plus tax at Ramchargers in Roseville, Michigan.
>They come with the new gaskets (good ones) , the 20 bolts and the
>baffels for the oil cap and PCV valve. The stock covers have several
>items attached to them. Couple of ignition wire looms and some
>wire harness clips. I used the original 20 studs so I could hook
>everything back the way it was. I helps if you disconnect some of
>the wire harnesses and prop up the heater hoses. I purchased an
>additional chrome oil cap. Moved the PCV to the front of the passenger
>side and put an oil cap on the rear. The front on the drivers side has
>an oil cap and the rear has the stock breather from the air cleaner.
>I still have the original stamped valve covers. If you want them, you
>can have them. My wife says I can't store them in the livingroom.
>
>I thought about changing the speedometer gear to correct the readings.
>But....two mechanics have told me that there is more to it on the '97's
>because of the electronic odometer. Something else needs to be
>changed in the electronics. I haven't really looked into it because I
>don't want to spend the money on it and I'm not all that unhappy with
>the odometer reading slow. I leased the truck (heh heh) and I tend to
>go over my mileage limit. Although, I plan is to buy this truck at the
>end of the lease. I really think this is a great vehicle...performance and
>looks.
>
>I have also added the Borg Warner (Brass Cap and Rotor) and the Accell
>8mm ignition wires and Champion Truck Plugs.
>
>David R.
>Sterling Heights
>Michigan

Thanks for the offer for the covers. If I knew a way to get them from you
(I'm in North Carolina) I would!

Rob Robinson
96 RED Dakota Sport
V8- 3.55
Short Bed, Standard Cab
Stripe Delete with "Magnum Force" stripe kit
"Fresh Air by Meldrum"
Rhino muffler with dual extentions
225/70/15 RWL Cavalier GT Radials