Introduction

From: Rupert Horn (rupert.horn@ucop.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 21:05:59 EDT

G'day all.
As I'm not all that good at introductions I'll just say...
My name is Horn, Rupert P.
Live in the San Francisco, East Bay, Area.
Work for the University of California.

I currently own two (2) Harley's, a '76 Shovel and a '97 GeezerGlide
(FLHTCU I), and a '94 Camaro.
I am currently in "negotiations" to purchase a '98 Dakota SLT Plus 4x2 V8
w/manual transmission. This to replace my recently defunkt '87 GMC 4x4.
Som'bitch went tits w/less than 100k on the eau de' meter.

The Dakota is to be opted as follows:
25G pkg.
ADJ - Heavy Duty svc grp.
AGB - Tire & Handling grp.
AHC - Tow pkg.
AJL - Overhead Convenience grp.
BGK - ABS
DMD - 3.55 axle
DAZ - Anti slip
LNJ - Fog Lights
K17 - Side moulding.
RAZ - Stereo
M5 - Buckets
JPS - 6-way pwr seat.
(did I miss anything?)

Dealer quoted me a price of $22,650.00.

A couple of questions frin a newbie:
Can a truck be ordered sans badges & decals?
My preference is not to have MAGNUM POWER V8 plastered on the side of my
truck.
What is "Enhanced Accident Response System" & "solar-control" glass on the
rear window?
Where and/or how do I access the FAC file?

Other than some "cosmetics" the only mods I am currently planning on are
dual exhaust (suggestions solicited) & filter charger.

Waffling b'twixt Amethyst (purple) or Black.
Thinking about going w/Black as I've already got two purple motorcycles and
a purple car.

Until later I'll slink back into lurker mode for a while.