Ordering Dak; was Re: Introduction

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Thu Oct 02 1997 - 08:55:50 EDT

----------
> From: Rupert Horn <rupert.horn@ucop.edu>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Introduction
> Date: Wednesday, October 01, 1997 9:05 PM
>
> G'day all.
> As I'm not all that good at introductions I'll just say...
> My name is Horn, Rupert P.
> Live in the San Francisco, East Bay, Area.
> Work for the University of California.
>
> I currently own two (2) Harley's, a '76 Shovel and a '97 GeezerGlide
> (FLHTCU I), and a '94 Camaro.
> I am currently in "negotiations" to purchase a '98 Dakota SLT Plus 4x2 V8
> w/manual transmission. This to replace my recently defunkt '87 GMC 4x4.
> Som'bitch went tits w/less than 100k on the eau de' meter.
>
> The Dakota is to be opted as follows:
> 25G pkg.
> ADJ - Heavy Duty svc grp.
> AGB - Tire & Handling grp.
> AHC - Tow pkg.
> AJL - Overhead Convenience grp.
> BGK - ABS
> DMD - 3.55 axle
> DAZ - Anti slip
> LNJ - Fog Lights
> K17 - Side moulding.
> RAZ - Stereo
> M5 - Buckets
> JPS - 6-way pwr seat.
> (did I miss anything?)

(snipped)

Rupert - I'm ordering a similar truck, sort of, intended to pull by
fifth-wheel trailer. You missed (if you want 'em):
AJK Convenience group (tilt/cruise)
A code for GVWR
HAA A/C
AJB Alarm
NMC Max cooling
CLA Floor mats (after-market mats just don't fit)
GFD Sliding rear window
Ordering a truck is a real pain, since the sales geeks often get it wrong.
Look over his shoulder and make sure that everything you want is on the
order sheet.
Take the paperwork home and review it against the sales brochure for
several days to make sure you're ordering everything you want, and have the
sales geek verify everything on the computer in front of you before the
order goes in. Good luck!

(snipped)

Dick (& Geri) Campagna, Mt Laurel, NJ campagna@nothinbut.net
(Por Favore, Non Mi Rompere i Coglioni. Grazie!)