Re: Introduction

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 02 1997 - 11:57:34 EDT

> G'day all.
> As I'm not all that good at introductions I'll just say...
> My name is Horn, Rupert P.
> Live in the San Francisco, East Bay, Area.
> Work for the University of California.
>
> I currently own two (2) Harley's, a '76 Shovel and a '97 GeezerGlide
> (FLHTCU I), and a '94 Camaro.
> I am currently in "negotiations" to purchase a '98 Dakota SLT Plus 4x2 V8
> w/manual transmission. This to replace my recently defunkt '87 GMC 4x4.
> Som'bitch went tits w/less than 100k on the eau de' meter.
>
> The Dakota is to be opted as follows:
> 25G pkg.
> ADJ - Heavy Duty svc grp.
> AGB - Tire & Handling grp.
> AHC - Tow pkg.
> AJL - Overhead Convenience grp.
> BGK - ABS
> DMD - 3.55 axle
> DAZ - Anti slip
> LNJ - Fog Lights
> K17 - Side moulding.
> RAZ - Stereo
> M5 - Buckets
> JPS - 6-way pwr seat.
> (did I miss anything?)
>
> Dealer quoted me a price of $22,650.00.
>
> A couple of questions frin a newbie:
> Can a truck be ordered sans badges & decals?
> My preference is not to have MAGNUM POWER V8 plastered on the side of my
> truck.
> What is "Enhanced Accident Response System" & "solar-control" glass on the
> rear window?
> Where and/or how do I access the FAC file?
>

> Other than some "cosmetics" the only mods I am currently planning on are
> dual exhaust (suggestions solicited) & filter charger.
>
> Waffling b'twixt Amethyst (purple) or Black.
> Thinking about going w/Black as I've already got two purple motorcycles and
> a purple car.
>
> Until later I'll slink back into lurker mode for a while.

All I can say is you want have to worry about a Dak dying at 100k, you've
tried the rest, now try the best. BTW why aren't you getting 4WD if it is
to replace a 4WD? Maybe it's just because I love 4X4's so much but I
would suggest you get it.....Don't know from personal experience, but a
lot of people on the list have Gibson duals on their Daks and seem quite
content with them... I would go w/ black to much of anything (purple) is
a bad thing. Just my opinion.

Bruce