Re: 1/4 mile times!!!

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Wed Oct 01 1997 - 22:39:14 EDT

> Congrats Jarrod! I'm curious if my 5 speed is giving me a big edge in
> 60ft times though. I used get 2.25 60 fts with the stock Invicta tires
> and no mods! My truck ran 88mph in stock form also (it weighs 3600lbs
> with me in it). Your 1/8th mile ET looks pretty good and you should be
> in the 15s already. It seems like you're missing some HP on the Big end.
> If it won't screw up your computer drop to a 180 thermostat(this got me
> over a tenth for $6(used heavy duty robertshaw) Currently, my best 60 ft
> is 2.11 on street radials with no traction aids. Are there any automatic
> racers out there doing better on street radials than 2.11???

dunno. but i do know my truck is heavier then the '96-older models:(. wait
til i get me a fiberglass hood and some other goodies:). oh yeah!

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
Shift Kit, "R/T" Bumblebee Stripe. Lakewood Traction Bars. 16.011@84.72
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car