Wed nite drags

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 02 1997 - 20:19:34 EDT

Missed a couple of weeks due to rain but made it the last 2 weeks. Last week
was not very good running but this week the weather was super early on but
Humidity went tp 97% before night was over. We set some more best times with
my best to date being a 13.137 @ 104 with juice and 14.75 @ 93 without. I was
ready to make the last time trial without juice when this pro-stock older
Dodge ram shortbox modified 440 with Mod 727 and huge rear slicks (tubbed out
and all) and lowered way down there pulls up beside me, oh boy why not sooner
I need to make a non-juice run to figure dial-in. Oh well he had been running
low 13's all night in the pro class so I put the helmet on and squared off
with him. He had a 1.9 60' to my 2.0 60' both comparable reaction times and
away we went, I was a touch a head when he inched by at about 1/8 mile but I
pulled back and waxed him, made my night. Broke out on first bracet run but
came home with a big smile. My son Dan in his Neon ran a best of 15.70 @ 88 a
new best and on regular gas, The car is rated at 150 HP on premium and does
run better on premium but he got cheap and bought the regular or he would
have probably run 15.6''s or better. Only one more Wed then they go to Sunday
afternoon until early Nov. I'm still hopin for a 12 this year and optomistic
I'll get it.

Bill