Re: Engine ran backward?

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Sun Oct 05 1997 - 23:07:44 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: dritchey@sprintmail.com <dritchey@sprintmail.com>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Sunday, October 05, 1997 7:51 PM
Subject: DML: Engine ran backward?

>Greetings, need some advice. I have a 97 club cab with 318 and auto.
>transmission. I ran the off- on, off-on test and got "55". Yesterday
>while on a trip I got gas, when I tried to restart the engine it ran
>rough and would not respond to the accellerator. After about 30
>seconds I shut it off and restarted it, and it ran fine.
>Later I re did the off-on off-on test and got a "12", no other codes.
>Did it run backwards, how do I clear the 12?

    Backwards? Only 2 stroke engines can run backwards (and only
those with piston-port intake (reed engnes are different)). 12 is a loss
of power code (voltage to the computer). Maybe you have a problem
with your ignition switch (on-off-on-off just magnified it, causing the
computer
to revert (partially) back to original parameters).

    Code 12 should clear (normally) in about 20 ignition starts.

    Sam '95 SLT