Re: Re: 1998 Dakota R/T

From: George G. Barnard II (gbarnard@midcoast.com)
Date: Mon Oct 06 1997 - 09:41:27 EDT

Dick Campagna wrote:

<snip>

> George - Don't you like your T-100? If not, why not?

My 1995 T-100, extra cab, 4 X 4, 2 piece rear driveshaft vibrates so badly
that I seldom drive the truck. Toyota says: "What vibration!" Also, I was
told all 95's had Cal. emmisions by the dealer here in Maine. That was a
lie! I must assume that is why mine sputters and surges during
acceleration! I located some of the defects similar to mine at the National
Highway Transportation Safety Administrations Website at
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ and The Lemon Car Page at
http://www.defect.com/~wf1/ . Both are a good resource for all makes and
models. If you elect to go to arbitrage, remember who funds the service,
that's right, the auto manufacturers, so vehical owners beware! Here are
some of the Toyota T-100 related defects I found at NHTSA, I especially like
the one where they relaced the transfer case 3 times in 3000 miles and the
wheels locked up after the second replacement!ODI ID Number: 503376Make:
TOYOTA TRUCK
Model: TOYOTA TRUCK
Year: 1995