Re: Rear End/NV3500 Lube

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 11:18:39 EDT

Andre Mauboussin wrote:

> Be careful Ron, especially with the transmission. Others on the list
> have tried synthetics in the NV3500 and had very serious problems.

  I'm curious about this, since I tend to pay attention to posts about
problems, but can't recall any regarding NV3500 lube.

  Who has had problems with their NV3500 related to lubrication?
Thanks for the warning, regardless. Rest assured that I will do
nothing to screw up my remaining warranty (including using unspecified
lube).

> hope the Mobil 1 rear end lube works out well (I use the 15w50 in my
> engine). I have 37k on mine and need to change also.

  One of the reasons I changed was due to Sam P's horror story about
a primary bearing failure.

  Ron