Safety Belts; was Re: 4 stroke in reverse NOT

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 17:16:50 EDT

----------
> From: Sam Parthemer <samp@cts.com>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: 4 stroke in reverse NOT
> Date: Wednesday, October 08, 1997 4:26 PM

(snipped)
> > along now. BTW, what seat belt issue?
> The seat belt problem: My seat belts do not retract when I open the
door, > and get out of the truck. I have to pull and feed the belt back
into the
> return mechanism. More than once I've slammed the door close with the >
buckle hanging out of the doorjam. Quite a few people on this list have >
mentioned the same problem. Yes, I have a few miles on my truck (71k), but
> this probably started around 40k, and both the driver's side and
passenger > side does it (and my passenger side belt gets used maybe twice
a week, if > that-- seems just to be a crummy design or something). The
belts still lock > when absolutely necessary (slam on the brakes, and they
will lock up and > hold you), but it's a bummer having them with slack all
the time...

> Sam '95 SLT Dakota
> http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/

Everyone with safety belt or other safety related problems is urged to call
NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) at 1-800-424-9393 to
report safety defects. You can use the threat of calling NHTSA to get
repairs done on your truck. And, even if they do the repairs, call anyway.
 As a result of a safety belt recall in the mid 80's, Honda established a
lifetime safety belt warranty which is still in effect.

Dick (& Geri) Campagna, Mt Laurel, NJ campagna@nothinbut.net
(Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni. Grazie!)