Re: Safety Belts; was Re: 4 stroke in reverse NOT

From: acasey@io.com
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 15:12:37 EDT

> Everyone with safety belt or other safety related problems is urged to call
> NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) at 1-800-424-9393 to
> report safety defects. You can use the threat of calling NHTSA to get
> repairs done on your truck. And, even if they do the repairs, call anyway.
> As a result of a safety belt recall in the mid 80's, Honda established a
> lifetime safety belt warranty which is still in effect.
>
> Dick (& Geri) Campagna, Mt Laurel, NJ campagna@nothinbut.net
> (Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni. Grazie!)

I don't have a problem with calling the NHTSA, but what are they
going to do about it. Mine was like this brand new, what good would
it do to replace it with the same thing. I asked the dealer about
the seat belt retractor shortly after I bought it (when I went in on
one of my many warranty problems), his response was, " they all
(dak's) seem to have a weak retractor spring, and all we can do is
replace it with one just like it." Well seeing as how these "ASE
certified" bone heads could'nt find there butt with both hands I was
not about to let them tear up the inside of my truck. Hell they
could'nt even change the oil without screwing up something. Needless
to say I do what has to be done now, or take it to someone else.

I guess I will give them a call and see what they say. If they can
make the dealer give me a new spring, if thats possible, I'm
interested. If not, well I made it this long.

Alan...