5th wheel; was Re: Toyota V-8s

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Wed Oct 08 1997 - 18:00:19 EDT

---------
> From: Sam Parthemer <samp@cts.com>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Toyota V-8s
> Date: Wednesday, October 08, 1997 1:12 PM
>
> > From: Brett Miller <bamiller@csupomona.edu>
> > To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> > Subject: Re: DML: Toyota V-8s
> > Date: Wednesday, October 08, 1997 09:07 AM
> >

> > ----------
> > > From: Tony Mastres <mastres@id.ucsb.edu>
> > > To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> > > Subject: Re: DML: Toyota V-8s
> > > Date: Wednesday, October 08, 1997 8:44 AM

T-100's,
> is
> have
> > you
> > need
>
> What sized 5th wheel?? I friend of mine pulls a 24' 5th wheel with a
> '94 Dakota, auto, 3.90, V8... Did a 2000 mile 3 week trip a year ago....

> No
> problems at all... This is a 5th wheel that was pulled with an S-10...Not
> big,
> but not small either (like a dakota!). His average MPG was 8-9 on the
> hilly
> areas, and 12 on the level ground... Speed on grades never dropped below
> 40 mph in 2nd... He wasn't pushing it, and it did very well.
>
> Sam '95 SLT Dakota
> http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/

The 5th wheel trailer I own is a 1991 25' Shadow Cruiser. It weighs
approximately 3,800 pounds empty and has a 4,800 pound GVWR (weight when
fully loaded). It is well within the Dakota's 6,400 pound trailer-pulling
capability. See www.shadowcruiser.com for information on these unusual
trailers. In addition to being aerodynamic and lighweight, my trailer is
only 7' wide. It should be a good match with the Dak I will buy. ('98
Dak/CC/5.2/5-spd/3.90/HD everything)

Dick (& Geri) Campagna, Mt Laurel, NJ campagna@nothinbut.net
(Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni. Grazie!)