Tires & Rotation, Attn: Carl Thompson

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 11:29:09 EDT

Carl,

My '97 Dakota 5.2 4x2 also came with the Goodyears. They were
the 235R70X15 with the Tire and Handling Package. I personally
did not care for the handling of my new truck. Also, I have not had
good luck with Goodyear OEM tires on several vehicles. I sold
all five Goodyears at 31 miles.

Rob Robinson is right about there being dozens of Tire Brands
available. (Aftermarket). Everybody seems to have their favorites
and for good reasons.

I installed 5 Cooper Cobra 255R70X15's on the stock aluminum 15X8
rims. I run 35PSI in the fronts and 30PSI in the rears. I carry 75 LBS
of "stuff" in the bed under a tonneau cover. Installed TrailMaster N7
shocks all around. The handling is fantastic for a truck. The tires
show no wear at 12,000 miles. I have rotated them once at 8,000 miles.
The Coopers have a TreadWear rating of 440, Traction of A and
Tempature of B. I have been completely satisified.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan