Re: 4 stroke in reverse NOT

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 09 1997 - 11:28:19 EDT

> > Way to change the subject there Sam, J/K. Anyway, I just hope the
> > misunderstanding between everyone is cleared up now. Maybe we can all
> get
> > along now. BTW, what seat belt issue?
> >
> > Bruce
>
> I'm stupid (say it), but what does J/K mean?
>
> The seat belt problem: My seat belts do not retract when I open the door,
> and get out of the truck. I have to pull and feed the belt back into the
> return mechanism.
> More than once I've slammed the door close with the buckle hanging out of
> the doorjam.
> Quite a few people on this list have mentioned the same problem. Yes, I
> have a few
> miles on my truck (71k), but this probably started around 40k, and both the
> driver's
> side and passenger side does it (and my passenger side belt gets used maybe
> twice a week, if that-- seems just to be a crummy design or something).
>
> The belts still lock when absolutely necessary (slam on the brakes, and
> they will lock up and hold you), but it's a bummer having them with slack
> all the
> time...
>
> Sam '95 SLT Dakota
> http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/

Hey Sam,
        J/K means just kidding (I just learned recently from someone
else online, so don't feel bad)... Never had that problem with a seatbelt,
the most I've ever had to do is pull it once, and it would retract, but
who knows, as you say may just be a crummy design for last couple of
years. I guess as long as it still locks when you slam on brakes that's
all that really matters though.

Bruce