Re: Toyota V8; was Re: Re: 1998 Dakota R/T

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Oct 10 1997 - 09:13:51 EDT

Craig Baltzer wrote:

> Boy this import slagging is great fun to watch; it would be even better
> if the people doing the slagging had any of the facts straight.

> * The 300ZX was a Nissan not a Toyota.

  Have I not sufficiently prostated myself (allegorically, of course)
to the list? I beg your forgiveness for the brain slip, Oh Mighty
Craig.

> * The V6 in the T-100 etc. is the same family of V6s used in the 4Runner
> etc., and is not "sports car based"

  Maybe so, but two facts remain which you conveniently ignore:

1. The Tacoma/T-100 V6 was new in trucks for the '95 model year,
setting a red flag off in my mind.

2. The torque curve for this wonderful 195hp V6 was definitely in
the upper RPM range, making the power essentially worthless for those
of us who actually use our trucks as trucks.

  So if you want to take me to task for slagging the Toyota, at least
have the wit to stick to the meat of my argument.

  Ron