Shelby Dak @ the drags

From: Mori4@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 11 1997 - 17:59:59 EDT

Shelby Dak. This was not an organized bracket race but was just a
test-n-tune/run what ya brung type deal. I've found C.C.D. to be one of the
quickest tracks in my area. This is where I've had the best E.Ts in not only
my Dak but in my other previous vehicles as well. Cecil Cty. Dragway is
located in Rising Sun, Md....... north-eastern part of the state. For a mere
$10 you can run as many times as time will allow from 6:00 till 11:00pm...
what a deal!

first run:
7:30 pm
73 degrees
56% humidity
30.51 barometer
R/T... .459 (foul)
60'... 2.223
330'... 6.475
1/8 mi... 10.093 @ 67.55 mph
1000'... 13.238
1/4 mi... 15.903 @ 84.53 mph

second run:
8:34 pm
68 degrees
78% humidity
30.71 barometer
R/T... .467 (foul)
60'... 2.195
330'... 6.463
1/8 mi... 10.086 @ 67.41 mph
1000'... 13.241
1/4 mi... 15.917 @ 84.08 mph

third run:
9:34 pm
68 degrees
70% humidity
30.81 barometer
R/T... .550
60'... 2.178
330'... 6.436
1/8 mi... 10.060 @ 67.43 mph
1000'... 13.212
1/4 mi... 15.883 @ 84.23 mph

final run:
10:31 pm
68 degrees
62% humidity
30.79 barometer
R/T... .523 (good light)
60'... 2.178 (identical from 3rd run)
330'... 6.429
1/8 mi... 10.041 @ 67.60 mph
1000'... 13.187
1/4 mi... 15.855 @ 84.4 mph

******* notes
my #708, red, '89 Shelby Dak has 66k mi. on its clock and is stock with the
exception of a K&N filtercharger element. weather wise , last nights
conditions were almost ideal. although somewhere lying around i have 15.59
timeslip with a great 2.09 short time from 2 years ago when i had the higher
performance E.C.U. available from mopar, but now discontinued. these
computers are hard to come by these days... sold it for $400 at englishtown's
mopar swap meet this year. the funniest thing about last night runs were my
rear tires...are you ready for this?...... recapped 235x75x15 deep lug snow
tires :)
.
later, Shane B