Re: RE: Cowl induction hoods: All show?

From: Dick Campagna (campagna@nothinbut.net)
Date: Sat Oct 11 1997 - 18:26:59 EDT

---------
From: Smith L. W. Nash <railway@mindspring.com>
To: 'dakota-truck@buffnet.net'
Subject: DML: RE: Cowl induction hoods: All show?
Date: Saturday, October 11, 1997 5:56 PM

<snip>
  Anyway, I was wondering if a cowl induction hood will bring cool air into
the engine bay? Do cowl induction hoods work, or are they just for show?

<more snips>

I solved the problem by cutting two oval holes in the air box at the base
of the windshield where your heater and A/C get the "fresh air" into your
cab. By

(snipped)

Smitty Nash
'92 Dak 3.9L Magnum
91K+

Smitty's got something here. Winston Cup "stock" cars get their fresh air
induction the same way, in the same location (without the fancy
vacuum-operated motors, however).

Dick (& Geri) Campagna, Mt Laurel, NJ campagna@nothinbut.net
(Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni. Grazie!)