Re: Re: Auto vs 5-spd;

From: Thomas McCabe (mccabet@megsinet.net)
Date: Sat Oct 11 1997 - 23:40:17 EDT

DON MCCLURE wrote:

> hmmmm auto vs. 5 spd
>
> 1. I can drink my 72 oz. slurpy without putting it between my legs. You
> know the ol' crouch isn't the best place for cold stuff (or HOT!!! stuff
> for that matter) I'm to lazy to reach over and put it inthe drink
> holder. (its also to big to fit). ADV>AUTO

You can't hold your slurpy and the wheel with the same hand? I can and
have
done it with my Lebaron GTC with the Turbo II, 5 speed, while
accelerating
through the gears! ADV > 5 Spd!

> 2. I can't pound down my 1/4 pounder while driving with the 5 spd.
> (without taking my hands off my wheel). ADV>AUTO

Same as above! ADV > 5 Spd!

> 3. I like to put my arm around a girl and reach for some of my fav
> stuff while i'm not concentrating on shifting.(I can't get into detail
> this is'nt a XXX site)ADV>AUTO (P.S. THE AUTO's FUUUNNN FACTORRR:) :)

Give ya this one.. the stick in the middle usually is not adventageous!

> 4. I thought the auto's in DAK's had a closer gear ratio from 1st to
> 2nd making for faster 0-60's + 1/4's. ADV>AUTO

Debatable! Neutral

> 5. yeah the auto's in the
> dak's are slush box's but what the heck when i want to shift it manauly
> i can and, when i don't, i don't. ADV>AUTO

Should be neutral.. a manually shifted auto is still an auto. All you
suceed in
doing is delaying the shift.. ADV > 5 Spd

> 6. It,s kicka-- whoop's i mean kickbutt to chirp all those gears with a
> stock truck. ADV>5spd.

I Agree!

> 7. You old guys should like the auto's better, think of the money
> you'd save on bengay and geratal from not shifting. :) JUST KIDDING GUYS

Us Old Guys drive sticks because we can! And we enjoy it! :)

> TO SUM IT UP OK< OK you got 1 :)

I count 5 Spd : 4 Auto : 1 Neutral : 1

:) Just my humble opinion! Sorry for length!

BTW... I drive a '96 SLT, 5.2L, Auto.. (Got the Auto because I couldn't
find
       a 5 speed, and I did not want to wait for the '97s)
L8r

Tom McCabe

'96 Dakota SLT, 5.2L V8, Auto, 3.55 SG, Gibson Exhaust
'89 Lebaron GTC, 2.2L Turbo II Intercooled, 5 Spd