thinking about buying

From: Ben D Jarrett (bjarrett@micro.ti.com)
Date: Sun Oct 12 1997 - 17:57:40 EDT

Greetings,

Right now I have a 96 Dodge Ram SLT 4x2 that I'm planning on selling.
I've been
testdriving different vehicles (from a '85 Ch#vy Blazer to a '98 Jeep
Wrangler) looking
for something somewhat praticle, nimble off road, and decent on the
highway. Well,
today I trekked over to the supersized use car lot (Autonation USA) and
I saw
something that just got me really excited. I saw a '96 white 4x4 Dak w/
air and
an auto tranny (I do like 5-speeds better, though.) Anyways, the price
was less
than $14k (by $5) and it had less than 10k miles. Previously I took my
Ram
there and they offered $14k for it. It would be even swap!

So, what do you all think? Should I give up on my pretty grocery getter

4x2 Ram (you can see her at http://www.eng.uc.edu/~bjarrett/ram.html)
that
has so many nice features (318, 5-speed, bed liner & lid, nerf bars, bug
shield,
tint, and keyless alarm w/ auto window roll up - installed by me) and
join
u guys w/ a basic mid-size truck? It was a white dak w/ the V-6, a/c,
auto,
3.90 gear in the rear and that's about it. I love its simplicity. The
only
thing I'm worried about was there seemed to be a lot of rust on the
frame. Is this even remotely common?

Well guys, look forward to ur comments.

Ben (possible future dak owner)

P.S. Any one have info on MRSP's and invoice prices similar to Edmunds'
or Kelly's?
I'd like to see what the original price was of something like this dak
but these sites
only have 97 and newer.

TIA