auto tranny cable adjustment, and shift kit

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Sun Oct 12 1997 - 21:57:52 EDT

WillTier@aol.com wrote:

> Shift problem could be a cable adjustment at the throttle body. BUT I would
> take it to a reputable Chrysler products service dept.

I have just adjusted my cable to see how it would affect the shifting of
the transmission. I moved the cable back towards the firewall and now
under moderate acceleration I notice the shift points are noticably
higher. Haven't tried any WOT shifts yet, but my question is this; Not
too long ago someone on here mentioned a procedure to correctly set the
tension of the cable. I think they said it was from a service bulletin
or somethin' At the time I didn't pay much attention and the searching
is not enabled on the archives. Anyone have a copy of that post they
could re-post. Or whoever posted it before could you re-post it?

And also since I'm on the topic, what shift kit would be the best to
install. I'm planning this as my next performance mod in the near
future. Is the one Jules sales worth the extra jingle?

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 MarkIII 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto