Re: thinking about buying -Reply

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Sun Oct 12 1997 - 21:49:21 EDT

Ben D Jarrett wrote:

> I had a chance to look at other daks and saw the same rust problem (ifit's even a problem.)
> The funny thing is that I'm not up north right
> now, I'm in Houston. Maybe it's the humid gulf air. I dunno.
>
> --

I also noticed rust on mine when it was up on the rack getting the
Flowmaster put in. I've got about 66k miles, and 4 1/2 years of Houston
humidity on it. But it doesn't look too bad to me. The leaf springs
and drive shaft have more rust than the frame does. You can see it on
my dakota page in the Flowmaster section....

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 MarkIII 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto