Re: radiator problems on '93 club cab

From: John Lindsay (jlindsay@oharamfg.com)
Date: Sun Oct 12 1997 - 22:55:49 EDT

At 11:38 AM 10/12/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I recently had to change the radiator on my '93 Dakota Sport club cab(57K
>miles).Upon removal, I inspected it closely and found no signs of impact
>damage but did find stress cracks in several places.My conclusions?Poor
>quality on the part of the radiator manufactorer.Anyone else had this
>problem?I own a 1970 Camaro that has never had any problem like this.

 A week or so ago, the radiator let loose on my '95 4x4 V-8 club cab. A
crack on the flange that holds the top plastic tank on. Local repair shop
(reputable) said it can't be repaired.

 They ordered me a new one....... $417. But, it didn't fit. All was fine
except the connections for the trans cooler. I have the towing package, with
the external trans cooler. The connection for the cooler wasn't right, & a
call to his distributer said that's all they list.

 Now I'm at the local Dodge dealer's mercy...... $475. (=Gag=)

 Anyone have one laying around, or a source for a correct aftermarket unit?

          Thanx,

                     Maddog