Re: radiator problems on '93 club cab

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon Oct 13 1997 - 15:10:44 EDT

> A week or so ago, the radiator let loose on my '95 4x4 V-8 club cab. A
>crack on the flange that holds the top plastic tank on. Local repair shop
>(reputable) said it can't be repaired.

> Now I'm at the local Dodge dealer's mercy...... $475. (=Gag=)

I hope they haven't scrapped your old one yet. I have a slow leak in my
radiator, and stopped by a couple of radiator shops, afraid that I'd have
to get a whole new radiator ($350 from the dealer here - plus tax). But I
learned different: There's an O-ring seal between the plastic tanks and the
aluminum core. Apparently only radiator shops can get the O-ring, as the
dealer doesn't list it. Only $64 to replace the seal!

I would expect that a shop willing to work with you could also order the
plastic tanks as parts -- more hassle on their part, but hey -- it's YOUR
money, and THEIR labor (which you're paying for). Maybe they make more
money on marking up parts -- until you take your business elsewhere...

Jim
'93 CC 4x4 V8 - Tow package too. They might have changed radiators, though.