Re: Auto vs 5 speed

From: Jeff Pierce (jpierce@n2.net)
Date: Mon Oct 13 1997 - 09:31:10 EDT

Since this thread won't die can I ask a question? My 92 V8 is the
first automatic I've owned and there are times compression is needed.

Onion Valley is a favorite hiking sport 8000 ft gain in 10 mi. Comming
down I use 2nd gear or even 1st gear on the auto to allow the engine to
do some of the breaking. The transmission gets HOT very HOT. With no
trailer behind it cannot really break its own weight over that distance.

I'd definately prefer the manual on those trips!

Jeff