Re: Re: Carl Vidos

From: cvidos@io.com
Date: Mon Oct 13 1997 - 10:05:03 EDT

Rob sez:
> Carl:
>
> Have you driven a Ram with a Cummins diesel towing a 15,000 lb. fifth wheel
> through the mountains?

Nope, but my uncle owns a fleet of them for his Texaco
distributorship. Says he stopped buying the autos - too many
breakdowns and too much maintenance.

>That's what my comments are about. You have snipped
> just enough to give the impression to others the thread is about Dakotas.

OOps, sorry about that. Honestly, I wasn't paying that much
attention. It was past midnight when I responded, way past my bedtime
for a work night....

> The purpose of this list is for open discussion and everybody should be
> free to contribute without having someone else jump all over them for their
> comments.

That's exactly the way I feel. That's why I scatter smiley faces :)
and cute little (parenthetical comments) throughout my posts. It's
hard to convey emotion on the net, but Bill (just LOVE to pick on
him) and some of the others seemed to have gotten the hang of it.
Just chill out and everything will be fine.

By the way, I STILL believe the stick will have lower gear-to-gear
ratio drops simply 'cause the stick has MORE GEARS. I could be wrong,
though. First, second, third, and fourth could all be granny gears
and fifth could be .50 overdriven. If that's the case, I guess I'm
wrong.

> If you have some 'facts' to contibute to the Cummins discussion, I would
> love to hear them.

What facts would you like? Though I don't have them on me, I can
easily get them. My dad runs a fleet of shimpboats with Cummins and
Caterpillar turbo engines in them. And some of the 18-wheelers (not
to mention the full-size RAMS with manual transmissions) have them,
too.

> Smile Carl .... we all own Dakotas, we just use them for different things.

Um, I don't actually own a Dakota right now. That's why I'm smiling.
Those f-bodies sure are fun when dusting those pesky little trucks.
Still, I'd LOVE to own one. Dad drives a nice 97 V6, 5-speed. Nice
truck. When time and money permit, you'll see me driving a nice
13-second Dak....