Re: *snip*

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 18:21:17 EDT

----------
> From: JT McBride <James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: *snip*
> Date: Tuesday, October 14, 1997 12:57 PM
>
> Hey Sam!
>
> I bet you're having fun getting on/off Rte 52 -- or at least the
> traffic reports would indicate.

        Don't get me started. They work on Mission Gorge (a local
4 lane road near me), and all the people in the world go to my street
as an alternate. Took my 1 hr 15 minutes to get to work this moring.
As soon as my motorcycle is ready (Friday?) I'm riding that to work.

> I don't know if you're still planning on the bike race around turkey
> day. I'm thinking of signing up for an advanced scuba class that
> would have me on a boat trip to San Clemente that weekend, in which
> case, I can't crew for you guys...

        Got it all handled. A friend of mine is going to drive me dakota
as a pit truck for the ride.

> I'm going to be in town all weekend, and I have access to the lift
> at the Sports Car Club, so if you want to peek under the truck or
> the Jeep, I could visit, and lead you up there.

        The jeep is about to be pulled apart (down to the frame and
engine). It's going to be my 'winter project'...

> Have you been out to the desert since the rains? Ever been to Kelso
> Dunes? I read where the sand there 'booms'. Curious.
>
> Jim

        That's up north of 29palms right?? I've never been there but
heard of it. I've been to Pismo, Dumont, Glamis, Gordon's well...

        Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/