Re: Re: Auto vs 5 speedu

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 21:03:55 EDT

<< Earth to Bruce..Earth to Bruce reread the post. When you have a
 standard, it is easy to gear down and use the engine to slow you and
 your cargo down instead of the brakes. >>

 Earth to who ever wrote this have you ever driven an automatic transmission
????? There is no easier way to gear down than with a auto, you do not need
to clutch or anything just drop the lever a notch or two. I do this all the
time especially with my over loaded company truck, works very well. I am not
sure what planet your on but it sure is not earth. I certainly cannot
understand your thinking how about any of the others of you out there in
earth land are there automatics that do not gear down and hold back

Bill