Re: Re: No sticks in sight!

From: Klaus Wilkens (klaus@buffnet.net)
Date: Tue Oct 14 1997 - 22:02:33 EDT

kmiller wrote:

> I have to agree, If you watch nhra on TV or ever been down in the pits
> and
> look at the prostocks, sure they have 5 speeds, but they shift them
> with a
> button and don't use a clutch. And about the whole deal with
> control
> over an auto. We have a manual valve body in the trans of our truck.
> When
> we get going down the track that thing isn't going to shift unless we
> take
> the B&M and ratchet it into 2nd and so on. Never lost a race do to
> the
> tranny shifting to soon, or to late.

Does your manual valve body down shift to first gear ? mine doesn't.

The Pro Stock transmissions you are referring to are a standard, they
use a clutch for starting and stopping and are shifted using an air
shifter. Classifying these transmissions as automatics because of the
airshifter is like calling every vehicle with 4 wheels a car.

KW