Re: *snip* Firewood

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 14:43:19 EDT

*snip*
> Hey Sam (young guy):
>
> There is Chrysler New-Yorker 'old' and there is Dakota 'old'. :) The
> latter is only being 'as old as you feel'.
>
> One advantage of being 'old' is that you have the bucks to get the toys
you
> want. My Dak is the first new vehicle I have had since a 1974 Datsun PU
> that I bought new when I finished university.
>
> Enjoy your toys while you can. Once you get wife, kids, house, mortgage
and
> all the rest of the domestic stuff, you won't have the bucks to buy new
> toys....unless you're Bill Gates. You'll have to trade in your Dak and
> motorcycle for the dreaded station wagon or mini-van. I had a Volare
Wagon
> for a number of years ... a great car, but boring to drive.

        I have a wife, no kids-- well our two black labs are as close as you could
get to kids, yes I have a house-with mortgage, and all of the other
domestic stuff
(you know you are getting older when 'automatic' sprinkers are a cool
addition
to your house!), 2 jetskis (both for sale), my '69 Jeep CJ5, my truck, my
RC
planes (both in pieces!), wife's toyota Corolla (wanted the wagon, but they
were
discontinued), more PC gear than I want to mention, and 5 remote controls
sitting
on my coffee table. If I could, I'd get the electronic stove and matching
washer &
dryer too.

> ps. 'old' is a very dear friend of mine .... 90 years. And yes, he is
> still driving his Chrysler New-Yorker.
>

> .....'not so old'
>

> Rob Agnew

        Very true about you're only as old as you feel. My inlaws always give me
grief for having so many 'toys'. I don't mind. I will always be a kid,
and probably will
still have my 'toys' until I'm ready for retirement. Went to a B-day part
for my nephew
2 weekends ago at an arcade/minature golf place. Played a new race car
game (didn't
catch the name)... $1.50 a game!! I haven't been in an arcade in 10 years.
 Anyway,
I beat ever person that played against me. Guess I still have the 'Right
Stuff' still :P

        Sam '95 SLT
         29 years young