Re: *snip* Firewood

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 14:32:04 EDT

> > (BTW: My web page will up and running as soon as the Cable Modem
> > arrives:
> > my ISP charges me $8-$12 a month additional for traffic to my
current
> > page!!
> > Forget it!)
> >
> > Sam '95 SLT
> > (young guy :)
> >

> What, cable modems are available in your area, I'm jealous, the cable
> providers in our area won't provide internet access.
>
> Bruce

        Cox Communications is rolling out Cox@home
        The address to look at is : http://www.cox.com/highSpeed/startpage.html

        Southwestern Cable & Cox cable are the 2 main cable companies in
San Diego. Both are offering the service, with Cox being my local provider
I have
to wait for them to offer it in my area (currently Oct-Dec will be the time
for my
area). Nation wide I would imagine that it will be available in the next
6-9 months
the way things are going.

        I have DSS for my television, so COX is a little slow at getting info. to
me
about the service. I like DSS better, so I'll get the internet service,
just not their
CATV.

        If anyone on the Dakota list is thinking about getting DSS, here's a great
offer: Call Sony (800... you'll have to get their # from information,
sorry), and get
to the DSS 'section'. When you get to the operator, tell them that your
friend works
at Microsoft, and that you heard about the great offer from Sony re: DSS
system.
The offer is a BS2 dish (not the latest/greatest, but still a good unit)
for free!
You have to prepay for 6 months of Directv service ($47.00 month x 6 months
=
$282 + shipping/tax? = $320 something). If you were to work with a local
DSS dealer
you would still have to fork out $150.00 + the $47.00 x 6 months to get
the same
unit. So it'd save you $150 bucks I guess overall. I wanted to get
another unit,
but the deal is for new customer's only (bummer).

        Anyway, thought I would pass it along.

        Dakota pictures coming soon.

        Sam '95 SLT