Re: 14" Mr. Gasket "Daytona" air cleaner?

From: Bob Kircher (Bkircher@cellone.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 18:37:13 EDT

Unless I remember wrong, (I am 41 after all) the hose to the air cleaner
is for breather purposes and the pcv is on the vacuum side. If you have
too much combustion gas leaking past rings or a vacuum leak preventing a
draw through the pcv valve you could get 'blow-by' into the air cleaner.
Also check that the pcv is working right or else you could get pressure
in engine sump which would force oil out of breather tube or dipstick
hole at normal running rpm. (a little oil looks like a lot when the fan
sprays it all over everywhere!!)

P.S. Who says 31 is old? I will hit 42 soon and don't feel old at all!
Now where did put that Geritol?

--
POW/MIA's: They gave up all their tomorrows for our todays.
Bob Kircher