Re: auto tranny cable adjustment, and shift kit

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 15 1997 - 19:36:23 EDT

>too long ago someone on here mentioned a procedure to correctly set the
>tension of the cable. I think they said it was from a service bulletin

Michael -
        Hadn't forgot you, but I still haven't looked up the dimension
for the feeler gauge...

The procedure is in the FSM. Basically, you slide a feeler gauge between
the stop and the cable lever at the throttle body, press the cable
housing release to take tension off, then climb under the truck and
push on the transmission end of the cable to take up the slack. Then
remove the feeler gauge, and you're done.

I think the dimension is about 0.15-0.20 inch.

Jim
Automatic owner - all they offered with V8 in '93! And that after
swearing I'd never own an automatic!