Re: Re: Auto vs 5 speed Funny?

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 16 1997 - 20:11:24 EDT

<< Also, can you push start automaticy? Also, if one gear breaky, I got
 four more to get home. Also, no frequent servicing required. >>

Don't need to I have a Mopar.. One gear don't breaky on Auto as easy as 5
speed and still have 3 more to get home. Now are you saying that if one gear
breaky that the pieces will just stay out of the way of the other gears and
not breaky them to. I know my 68 Jeep CJ5 V6 3 speed brokey a gear and I did
get home with only 2nd but it cleaned out everything else and the transfer
case and split the tranny case but I will give it to you I did get home
however I've never had a problem with a automatic other than a shift down
cable adjustment. I have probably had more 3, 4 and 5 speeds than auto and I
enjoyed most of them but the auto is still better for my needs and if for no
other reason than I just say so. Oh what is this frequent servicing ??? Don't
you check you tranny fluid when you change the oil, thats all I've ever done
with my auto and rarely ever had to add any fluid. Now this tranny I did put
in a shift kit but that was because I wanted to not because I had to.

<<She got out of
my truck grinning from ear to ear, raving about how much fun it was to
drive a stick again.>>

I'd be a little careful here Andre sounds like she wants to come back home
??? A women ginnin ear to ear about a stick shift, NOT there has to be a
underlying reason fer shurrrr. Actually it was probably just the thrill of
driving a good vehicle instead of a Ferd..

Bill