Re: 1992 Dakota options...

From: CNTRYSNGR (CNTRYSNGR@YadTel.Net)
Date: Sat Oct 18 1997 - 18:10:52 EDT

Michael Clark wrote:

> Hey guys, I just got this email from my webpage. Anyone want to help
> this guy out? His email address is "M. D. Nugent" <nugentmd@gte.net>
> ********************
>
> > I just replaced a Fiero GT and a VW pickup with a 92 Dakota V8 and plan
> > to lower it 2/4, get some wider wheels, etc.
> >
> > Also, do you know how I can get the equipment info it was built with
> > (the underhood list only has a few items that are still legible)? And
> > how to decode the 3 digit codes?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Mike
> ******************
>
> --
> Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
> '93 MarkIII 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto
> MP SBEC, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster cat-back dual
> Doug Thorley Headers, Moroso Blue Max wires
> http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
> http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html
Wassup? Sounds like your friend is all ready to dive right in on his
project. Maybe I can help a little. As far as the 2/4 drop, the
cheapest (but not necessarily the best) way to do it is 2 inch drop
springs in the front and 4 inch blocks in the back. My stock springs
were cut (not torched or heated) to bring my front down 3 inches, but I
sacrificed a lot of ride though. If this guy wants to spend a little
more cash, he can go with spindles in the front and Posies leaf springs
in the back. Spindles will drop him about 2 1/2 inches and the leaf
springs will drop the rear about 3 inches. The thing about spindles is
he won't have to get the front end realigned after the installation and
he'll still maintain the factory ride. As for wheels, well, I guess
that also depends on how much he wants to spend. The best set of
aftermarket wheels I've seen for the money are Centerline Convo Pros
(matter of fact that's what's on mine). They only come in 7 1/2 inch
width though, but if you put some fat rubber on them, it really looks
good. They cost me around $750, and they were well worth it! Also,
they're really light so they give back a little horsepower. But, if he
wants to shell out some green, he could check into Boyds, or Budnicks,
something like that. All of this stuff can be found in any of the truck
magazines. As far as figuring out the codes on the truck, my advice is
make GOOD friends with someone who works at the Dodge place, and get
them to accidently misplace a Dak service manual in his possesion. Of
course if that doesn't work, I think they might let him buy one. By the
way, thanks for the thermostat advice. See ya!