Re: transmission on 97 dak

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Fri Oct 17 1997 - 18:38:29 EDT

> I got a 97 dakota club cab(sport) v-6. I want to make many mod's, but
> worried about transmission. How much power can I add before transmission
> becomes too stressed. I don't have the money to change it up now, so
will
> it be alright?

ryan,

you didnt mention if it is a stick or auto? i am assuming its an auto, if
it is. get a shift kit for it and that will let your tranny take soem more
HP. plus the tranny will last longer with it instead of those long pausing
smooth shifts that us gearheads really REALLY hate!

Jarrod

Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
'97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
Shift Kit, "R/T" Bumblebee Stripe. Lakewood Traction Bars. 15.88@84.45
'72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car