Suspension lowering products

From: M. D. Nugent (nugentmd@gte.net)
Date: Sun Oct 19 1997 - 00:25:54 EDT

--------------323728BBC76369A8E6D2BDF2

The local shop that will do the lowering of my '92 is sold on BellTech
(sp?) spindles and says AIM Group products (not spindles, but shackles,
etc.) have not fit correctly without modification. The difference in
price between BellTech and AIM Group or Sport Truck Direct is
substantial, though, and if there's no big difference . . .

Anybody have direct experience with non-BellTech spindles (good or bad)?

Also, a list member recommended a 3" rear drop (when using 2" drop
spindles and stock coils in front) instead of a 4" drop. What's the
best way to get the rig level without losing ride (no block/U-bolt kits)
or capabilities? I don't want a Syclone - a pickup without any
towing/carrying capacity - and I don't want my fillings loosened from
"lowering springs," either - had and hated Eibachs on a Neon ACR.

Right now, I'm leaning toward Sport Truck Direct's 2/3 package
(spindles, adjustable hangers, and shackle mounts for $309 plus a set of
four Nitro-slammer shocks for "only" $139). Whatcha think? Way to go,
or steer clear?

Finally, can a rear swaybar be used with the above? If so, what
brand/source/size is recommended?

Thanks,

Mike
http://home1.gte.net/nugentmd/dakota.htm

--------------323728BBC76369A8E6D2BDF2

<HTML>
The local shop that will do the lowering of my '92 is sold on BellTech
(sp?) spindles and says AIM Group products (not spindles, but shackles,
etc.) have not fit correctly without modification. The difference
in price between BellTech and AIM Group or Sport Truck Direct is substantial,
though, and if there's no big difference . . .

Anybody have direct experience with <B>non-BellTech spindles</B> (good
or bad)?

Also, a list member recommended a 3" rear drop (when using 2" drop spindles
and stock coils in front) instead of a 4" drop. What's the best way
to get the rig <B>level without losing ride</B> (no block/U-bolt kits)<B>
or capabilities</B>? I don't want a Syclone - a pickup without any
towing/carrying capacity - and I don't want my fillings loosened from "lowering
springs," either - had and hated Eibachs on a Neon ACR.

Right now, I'm leaning toward <B>Sport Truck Direct's 2/3 package</B>
(spindles, adjustable hangers, and shackle mounts for $309 plus a set of
four Nitro-slammer shocks for "only" $139). Whatcha think?
Way to go, or steer clear?

Finally, can a <B>rear swaybar</B> be used with the above? If