Re: Truckin' magazine

From: Jarrod Pilone (moparman@jet.laker.net)
Date: Mon Oct 20 1997 - 22:42:06 EDT

> >I purchased the magazine, I was impressed with the articles and Pixs.
> >I have a question. Why were most of the trucks Daks and others
> >lowered? I think that that ruins the aesthetics of a truck. I like
> >the big tires and wheels look. Is there a functional reason to lower
> >a truck?
> >
> >Dave

well. Truckin magazine generally concentrates on lowered trucks. if you
want a magazine with trucks that have big tires, i suggest you buy four
wheeler. i used to be a 4x4 freak, then i got bit by teh muscle truck bug
and i traded my old '96 ram 1500 4x4 "lifted 5 inches with 35 inch tires)
for my '97 dakota 2wd CC V8 auto. and i want to lower it just a tad to get
a bit better handling out of it. now i can take it through the 20 mph
interstate loop at aroudn 50-55 without and tire squealing. if i get
bigger swaybars and some better shocks i am sure i can improve an already
great handling truck! get with the program private pyle!

Jarrod

http://www.laker.net/moparman