RE:Truckin' magazine

From: John Neff (jndneff@flash.net)
Date: Mon Oct 20 1997 - 23:13:43 EDT

Lets see here. I feel that I can speak from experience here as I just
sold my '83 Toyota truck that had 204,000 miles on it.
I lowered it at 91,000 because I thought that it looked cool. I went 3"
in front and 4" in the rear. This came about through a use of several
different parts including: tires, lowering blocks, weight (camper
shell), lowered control arms and an adjustment to the torsion bars
(slight). The improvements that I expected were, better handling and a
cool look. What I did not expect was better mileage. I went from 20 mpg
average to 22 mpg. The handling was incredible and more than once I beat
Mustangs and BMW's on winding roads by keeping the rpm's high and
trusting the suspension. BTW, the engine was 100% stock. Its amazing
what a 2.4L 4 banger will do when the rev's are kept at or near the peak
horsepower, 4-5K! (For those of you deep in the argument, yes it was a
manual) Anyway, its something that is fun to do and teaches you to watch
out for obstacles (speed bumps).

John
future '98 Dak CC 5.2L AUTO! 4X4 3.92 Sport and almost everything else.
Due date is sometime late this week, if the railroads can get over their
labor problems and deliver my truck.