Re: First Repair..

From: Brett Stoner (Brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 21 1997 - 18:56:20 EDT

<<< Bruce Aaron Hefner <gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu> 10/21 1:01p >>>

>I went to work one morning in the rain, it
>was still pretty bright so I didn't turn on >headlights, only turned on
>running lights, when I got to work didn't notice >the lights on, because
>it's not as obvious as when headlights on
>
>Bruce

Maybe someone can answer this for me because I've never understood it. Why is it that people drive around in the rain or at dusk with the parking lights on? As you noted, the parking lights are less visible than the headlights, so if the point is to be more visible it would be logical to turn the headlights on. I really hope this doesn't start a war, and by no means am I trying to insult or offend you Bruce, you just happened to mention it.

Brett

(The other thing that really annoys me is people driving around with just parking lights and fog lights or fog lights and low beams on (particularly people who never bothered to aim their aftermarket fog lights) Fog lights are meant to be used in the *fog* not all the time. Sorry, that's neither here nor there I just had to get that out.)