Re: First Repair..

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 21 1997 - 19:48:02 EDT

At 06:56 PM 10/21/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Maybe someone can answer this for me because I've never understood it.
Why is it that people drive around in the rain or at dusk with the parking
lights on? As you noted, the parking lights are less visible than the
headlights, so if the point is to be more visible it would be logical to
turn the headlights on. I really hope this doesn't start a war, and by no
means am I trying to insult or offend you Bruce, you just happened to
mention it.

>Brett
>
>(The other thing that really annoys me is people driving around with just
parking lights and fog lights or fog lights and low beams on (particularly
people who never bothered to aim their aftermarket fog lights) Fog lights
are meant to be used in the *fog* not all the time. Sorry, that's neither
here nor there I just had to get that out.)

The only thing worse is people driving around in the rain, at dawn or dusk
with dark cars and no lights on at all. My loaner canopy is tinted, and
especially when steamed up or wet, it is impossible to see them....when
mine arrives the windows won't be tinted, that should help a bit.

Daytime running lights on newer vehicles sure makes a difference, the dark
skulkers can't hide in the rain anymore. I've always been a strong
proponent of running headlights both day and night.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada