Re: RE: 98 Dakota's

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 10:00:36 EDT

> Have no idea was US taxes are. We pay PST/GST which works out to 14%, plus
> license and insurance.
>
> Gas is $.625 per litre for 89 octane right now.

If my conversions are right that works out to $2.64 a gallon Canadian, and
the average exchange rate is 1.38 candian per one u.s.(according to
www.ag.iastate.edu/centers/merc/news/exchg.html), so that works out to
$1.915 a gallon in u.s. currency, so It seems you're right our gas is
about 90 cents a gallon cheaper, so I guess that adds up pretty quickly

> Rob Agnew
> ragnew@islandnet.com
>
> Victoria, B.C.
> Canada

Thanx for the info, I guess it all does even out in the end, although I
think your tax rate is lower than ours, I may be wrong but it seems a lot
higher than 14% when you go to buy a car/truck here in the U.S. Later-

Bruce