Re: Tires

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 11:57:35 EDT

At 03:41 AM 10/22/97 -0700, you wrote:
>A week or so ago, I posted asking about tires and how Dunlop GT
>Qualifiers looked on the 97's. Well, I have decided to get Dunlop Sport
>Rover GTX. Only reason is the 50,000 mi warranty. 12,000 on my
>Wranglers and their bald. This scares me and I don't want to have to
>put $400 into tires every 6 months (I do a lot of driving). Any way, on
>to my question. I have the 15x7 rims and I am planning on getting the
>255/70R15 size. The guy at Sears and Discount Tire Center's web site
>say that these tires will fit on the seven in rim. My question is, how
>well will they fit in the wheel well. Does anybody run this size tire
>(or bigger) Will it rub on tight turns and will snow chains still work?
>Thanks for any help,
>
>Ryan
>97, CC, 4x2, 5.2L, 5spd, SLT+, Black.

Ryan:

You must be awfully hard on tires. I have the Wranglers on my 97 4x4 (9,000
mi.) and have been rotating them regularly.... they may be 1/4 worn.

Have another look at Sears, they sell Michelins (Sears Roadhandler) for
light trucks (LT). They're supposed to last for a long, long time. This
spring I bought a set of Sears Michelins for my wife's Sundance (120,000
mile warranty) on sale, for the price of el cheapo tires.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada