Tonneau Covers -Reply

From: Keith Knuth (kknuth@camax.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 11:38:45 EDT

Edgar,

I too bought a 95 CC 4X4 this year. My tonneau cover came in the mail yesterday.
Another person from this list (sorry don't remember your name), recommended
Checkmate tonneau covers to me. They go for about $140 and include and
aluminum frame and bows, hydraulic lifts for easy access, and no stupid snaps. I
plan to put it on this weekend. I can let you no how it goes, but I don't expect any
problems.

Definitely don't buy anything with velcro or snaps and DONT expect a mileage
increase because of a cover.

K.

>>> <eperez@kpmg.com> 10/22/97 07:58am >>>
I just bought a '95 Dakota CC 4x4 and I want to get a tonneau cover for it. I
don't race, (though I might want to) but I understand a tonneau cover will give
me better gas mileage. I have a 180 mile round trip to work which I do twice a
week but gas gets eaten up quick.

My question is, which one to get. I got a truck magazine and saw a couple of
brands and it appears they range from $99 to $700. Obviously, I would like to
be in the $99 range but I do not want to have it rip in 2 month either. I live
in New Jersey so in the winter it may have to hold some snow overnight.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Edgar Perez
edgarperez@writeme.com

PS I receive digest mode of the list which takes a long time so please cc me
directly with reply. Thanks.