Re: Tonneau Covers

From: Brett Stoner (Brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 18:53:19 EDT

<<< Chip Maurer 10/22 11:07a >>>

>Brett,
>
>How much did you pay for this? I was interested in
>the hard tonneau cover, but at $700 (for the mopar),
>I lost interest. I haven't checked the A.R.E. hard
>tonnueau, but I figger it's close to the mopar.
>
>> About a month ago I installed an Extang Saber Tonneau
>> cover on my 97 truck and I'm very pleased with
>> it. It uses Extang's J-channel to hold the cover
>> down (which is hard to explain, but I think it's
>> better than snaps or velcro. Go to
>>http://www.pathcom.com/~acai/extang/saber.htm to
>> read about it)
>
>--
>| Chip Maurer chip@unx.dec.com |

The one I got is a soft Toneau and I paid a bit over $200 for it. I know they're available from California Conecpts (800.397.1161) for just under $200, but when I bought mine UPS was striking and they couldn't tell me when it would get here. (California Concepts advertises in Truckin' and some of the other magazines) Personally I like the look of the hard covers better, but given the cost and the fact that I would probably have to remove it about twice a month to carry stuff I thought the soft was a better option.

HTH
  Brett