Re: Tonneau Covers

From: Brett Stoner (Brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 19:02:39 EDT

<<< CNTRYSNGR 10/22 4:04p >>>
>I have an Extang soft tonneau on my Dak (its the "good" model with the
>frame and bows to hold it up) and I say invest in a good hard tonneau!
>It will repay you in the long run with less headaches! Mine puddles up
>with water at the least bit of rain (even with the bows adjusted all the
>way up) and it absolutely will NOT hold up to snow. I hate this cover
>so much, when I finally buy the hard tonneau, I believe I'll build a
>bonfire with this one. TRUST ME! A hard tonneau is a whole lot better
>in the long run!

I've had none of these problems with my Extang. Even with the bows in the 'low' position there are *no* puddles after rain and although it hasn't been through snow yet you can put quite a bit of pressure on the cover without it opening up. I don't expect any problems with snow. I wonder if yours is the wrong size?

Brett