Re: Tonneau Covers

From: CNTRYSNGR (CNTRYSNGR@YadTel.Net)
Date: Wed Oct 22 1997 - 20:53:04 EDT

Brett Stoner wrote:

> <<< CNTRYSNGR 10/22 4:04p >>>
> >I have an Extang soft tonneau on my Dak (its the "good" model with the
> >frame and bows to hold it up) and I say invest in a good hard tonneau!
> >It will repay you in the long run with less headaches! Mine puddles up
> >with water at the least bit of rain (even with the bows adjusted all the
> >way up) and it absolutely will NOT hold up to snow. I hate this cover
> >so much, when I finally buy the hard tonneau, I believe I'll build a
> >bonfire with this one. TRUST ME! A hard tonneau is a whole lot better
> >in the long run!
>
> I've had none of these problems with my Extang. Even with the bows in the 'low' position there are *no* puddles after rain and although it hasn't been through snow yet you can put quite a bit of pressure on the cover without it opening up. I don't expect any problems with snow. I wonder if yours is the wrong size?
>
> Brett
Nope. Mine's the right size. I believe if it was the wrong size, it
wouldn't fit at all, seeing that the Dak's bed dimentions will just
about never equal the dimensions of any other truck, being it's a true
midsize. I hope you have better luck with yours than I'm having with
mine. I'm just counting the days until I can take this piece of crap
off my truck.