New project

From: John D. Emery (johnemery@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Oct 23 1997 - 14:13:29 EDT

After weighing the pros and cons, I have added another Mopar(ish) vehicle
to my garage: a 1973 Jeep CJ-5. Because I love my Dakota so much (and it
is my daily work truck), it seemed unwise to use it as the object of my
need to tinker.

After reading listmembers' mods and experiences, I found it more and more
difficult to keep the wrenches away from the Dak. I have been longing to
add headers, cat-back, and a suspension lift; but need to use the truck
every day (not leaving much time for it to be out-of-action).

I got lucky finding a stock, rust-free CJ-5. Unforunatly, there is a LOT
of work to be done before it hits the road (electrical, drivetrain, body).
As a result of the time and money constraints, the Dak will still in its
current state for a long time. I enjoy this list, and will keep reading
all of your postings; but doubt there is much I can contribute (other than
I side with the "manual" group).

If any members also own a Jeep, or a project vehicle, I would be interested
in hearing from you (privatly) regarding experiences/thoughts.

John Emery
1973 Jeep CJ-5 I-6 4 spd (frame up project)
1995 Dakota CC Sport 2x4 V-6 5 spd 3.55 SG 4wABS LT235/75R15 A/Ts
Phoenix, AZ (and no A/C)