Re: Tires for 98' 4X4

From: Rudy Zerr (rlzerr@vcn.bc.ca)
Date: Tue Oct 28 1997 - 18:08:31 EST

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Jason Bleazard wrote:

> I have also been considering replacing the tires on my '95 4x4. The
> biggest problem with the '95 is that the rims are only 6" wide. I've
> talked to some on this list who have mounted 31x10.50 R15 on these rims,
> with some "minor" rubbing. I've heard from others that 30x9.50 R15 fits
> with no problems. I'm currently riding on Goodyear Wrangler AT in
> P235/75R15, so even going to 30x9.50 will be an improvement. Since funds
> for new wheels aren't likely to materialize in my bank account, I think
> I'll probably have to stop at 30.
>
> Do you have any experience with the Pirelli Scorpion AT? I haven't been
> able to find anyone who knows anything about them more than what Pirelli
> put on their web site. I have past experience with Pirelli on cars and
> know they make a great tire, but I'm not sure how well their expertise
> translates to all-terrain.

> Jason Bleazard ISG Technologies Inc.
> bleazard@isgtec.com (905) 672-2100 x.397

I have had these on my '93 3.9L 4x4 LE Club Cab for about a month
now (they replaced the stock Goodyear Wranglers AT's) and can say
nothing but good things about them. Wet pavement traction is way
up from the wranglers (they sucked!) and the mud cleans away pretty
well for an AT tire. In fact I could drive in 2wd with the Pirelli's
in situations where I would have need 4wd with the Wranglers.

Anyways, bottom line is I'm really happy with them. TTYL, Rudy

---
Rudy Zerr - "Nobody home but the lights, and they're out too."
E-mail:      r.zerr@ieee.org,  rlzerr@vcn.bc.ca,  rlzerr@hotmail.com